So winter is here and one of the most annoying things is jumping into a freezing cold car… Most of the time you want to just go back to bed but getting to work on time will not allow that kind of behaviour
Well we at Car Buying Guru have decided to put together a list of things to how you warm up your car quickly in the winter
The first thing to remember is sitting there while your car is idling thinking it will warm up is bad!!!! It is the most inefficient way of warming up your car wasting fuel, damaging your engine and could even be damaging to your health. Driving your car warms up your car quicker. Most modern cars with all the new technology are engineered to so that they warm up faster if you drive them than if you just sit there
Heres 4 tips to warm up your car quickly
1. Get your car ready, turn on the ignition without starting the car this begins the process of getting hot air quickly, after about 5 secs you should hear the fuel pump priming the engine. Priming an engine makes sure its ready to produce heat
2. Now turn on your engine you may not want to turn your heaters on straight away as they will be cold as the engine and every thing else is cold. We would give it around a minute then your heater core should start producing warm air. Begin your drive and you should start to feel nice and toasty.
3. Once you’re on the road you should point the heaters at your chest as this will warm up your body quickly. Then once you are warm you need to direct heat to your feet as heat rises so this will keep your car warm
4. Keep the fan at about 3 or 4 as you need to give the air time to heat up and a faster speed loses some of the warm feeling.
5. This might seem obvious but make sure all your vents are open to get the warm air to you
This will work for most cars but if you are struggling with your heaters on an old car maybe its time for an upgrade. Contact Car buying Guru to get a warm car upgrade this winter